Sunday, March 8, 2009
Blog #4
As I was reading The Art of Colonoial Latin America, I realized that back then artists work was recognized by society and although they were esssentially controlled by the local government and at many times suffered for their arts; they were still respected for being a master at their craft. Today, I feel that artists don't get the recognition they once got and when one says they are an "artist", society just says "oh" and moves on. Every person does some form of art, whether that be an oil painter creating something on a piece of canvas, or a singer writing lyrics on paper; its a form of art. I feel that art needs to be revered as it once was, and not just a "hobby".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Trisha,
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more! As an artist these days its all about marketing and whats hot. Unfortunately unlike the artist of the Colonial era, Now you'll get an artist will an original idea, that everyone loves for a season and then next season everyone is copying and exploiting it to the point that society gets bore of the particular art and moves on to the next "it" thing, like the Macarena...lol!